Information about all of our library services can be found on our website: libraries.essex.gov.uk
About Essex Library Services
There are 74 libraries and 2 mobile libraries in Essex. Library locations and mobile stops can be found on our website.
You can join at any library or online. You will need to show proof of address.
There are a wide range of e-reading options including:
• e-Books and e-Audio – free to download from the library website or Borrowbox app.
You can download up to 7 e-books and 7 e-audio books at a time and we have titles
for children, teenagers and adults
• e-Comics – comics and graphic novels from Marvel, Disney, IDW and Dark Horse
via the RB Digital app
• e-Magazine and e-Newspapers – from fashion to photography to football there are
a huge range of e-magazines available to download to the RB Digital or Press Reader app which also has daily newspapers from around the world.
• Transparent Language – (over 80 different languages, including English, and for some languages there is KidsSpeak, to help children learn other languages)
• Theory Test Pro – Essential practice for the official driving theory test
• Go Citizen - For candidates preparing for British Citizenship test
• Universal Class - Over 400 free online courses from business skills to alternative
• Future Learn - Free online courses from major universities on a variety of subjects
Online reference materials
• Encyclopaedias and dictionaries - includes general reference collections and encyclopaedias to suit various age groups
• Business resources - includes topics such as business opportunities, starting and running your own business and company information
• Biographical, historical and family history - Includes reference materials to help you explore great historical events, trace your family tree or find out about a well-known person including (please note Ancestry and Find My Past are only available to use in the library)
• Art, music and literature – includes reference material and the Naxos music library
• Access to research – discover a world of published academic research, some in full
text, some as abstracts (please note this is only available to use in the library)